Monday, May 30, 2011

Photo dump!

Now just pics. Soon more substance to follow. Also wanted to say I've just finished Snowdrop by A.D. Miller. It's by no means a long book but it's been a while I've been so engaged that I've finished  book in 2 days. It is very well written and is a chilling book with a sense of foreboding so great that you tear through the pages trying to work out if what's happened is as bad or worse than you think. It shows Moscow in all of its ugliness and cruelty, as well as some of its beauty - in some instances you are left with the same burning sensation the characters frequently experience as they shot back copious amounts of vodka. I don't have anything overly profound to say, but it's a book I would certainly recommend.

Frog in the Olsen Foyer, Melbourne

Room in the Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide


Jacob's Ladder, Perth

View from our apartment, Darwin

Fun statues, Darwin

Best ever real estate agent, Darwin

Magnetic Termite mounds, I love the way the ones in the background look like tombstones. Litchfield NP

Cathedral Termite Mount, Litchefield

Gorgeous waterfall, I swam under the one on the right, 

Fresh water croc!

Sunset in Darwin

eMDee, excellent band

Sadly the only photo I have of Hobart

Emporium - fancy foyer in Brisbane
Now the pics

No comments:

Post a Comment